Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Quick Italian Plate

 Cut bread into bite-size pieces and stick in the pre-heated over to broil until golden brown, turn to make sure both sides are evenly broiled.

Once bread pieces are cool enough to touch, add ½ tsp of Fig Spread and top with cheese crumbles. You can add more than one piece of cheese.

Place on serving plate or board, add some cantaloupe, prosciutto and grapes to the serving plate and Enjoy! 


I use Amish Blue Cheese, or Stella Blue Wheel Cheese, but really any kind will work, depending on how you like your blue cheese. Fig spread will balance its bitterness and will give this indescribable flavor.

Also I usually serve when they are warm and bread is crispy.

I do not recommend serving olives since they are more on a saltier side and will break the semi-sweet flavors.

Don’t forget wine. 

3 comments:

  1. Ann, love it! Where do you usually get the fig spread? I definitely want to see more snack ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatev, thank you for your response. You can find it anywhere, and the last resort is whole foods. I know Trader Joe's has it. The one I use I got at Central Market and it is 8.5 OZ glass jar, Dalmatia Fig Spread by Food Match, here is the link: http://www.foodmatch.com/Products.aspx?s=fig%20spread&PageSelected=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am recreating it right now! With exception for bread which I am substituting with warmed toasted wheat naan. Go Anna Go, apri Annan!!!

    ReplyDelete