Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time for Soup

I think we all have good childhood memories associated with cooking, smells, and comfort food. Well, in my case there was this one soup that I absolutely hated and my grandmother was the only one that made it. For some unexplainable reason the sour scent of vinegar did not appeal to me, to make it worse, it had a very unattractive name consisting of mainly consonants, called “Chkhrtma.”
I attempted to make it last week, and believe it or not I was very close. Close because no matter how much I practice it will never taste like my grandmother’s version, she  makes the best “chkhrtma” in the world. 



So, what do you say, shall we try?
You will need:
¨    2 pieces of chicken breast
¨    3 tbsp olive oiol
¨    2 tbsp white flour 
¨    2 cup chopped onions
¨    3 or 4 large fresh eggs
¨    2-3 tbsp white vinegar
Sauté onions in vegetable oil for 4-5 minutes on medium heat
Slightly fry the flour mix with 1 cup of broth until completely dissolved
Add this mixture to the onions with the rest of the broth and boil for 10 minutes.
Beat the eggs in a bowl and constantly stirring add to the broth
 Remove the soup from heat add vinegar, salt and pepper

¨    You can substitute vinegar with 1/3 cup of lemon juice
¨    You can also add pieces of chicken before serving (my grandmother’s version did not have chicken)








1 comment: